Connect Mental Health is a community led initiative and we encourage local businesses to take part and help create a ‘feel good’ atmosphere in the community for the duration of the event.
Little Things Connect
Throughout Connect Mental Health we will be promoting the Little Things we can all do to help our own mental health. We ask local business to pledge their own ‘Little Thing’ that they will run over the event, 8th – 10th October, to help build a feel good atmosphere in the community. Here are some ideas, but we would like you to get as creative as you like:
- A Coffee shop might run a two for one offer on tea’s and coffees to encourage people to meet up and talk to each other
- Local shops might offer a feel good ice-cream
- Restaurants could have an offer to encourage people to meet up for lunch, breakfast or dinner
- Business owners could run initiatives internally for staff
- Large business could request mental health training for staff – let us know, we can help
- We are interested in ideas from businesses from every walk of life
We want everyone in the area over the 8th -10th October to know that the event is taking place and that we are all working together to look after each others mental health. If you are a business big or small contact Aisling McLoone on Aisling@connectmentalhealth.ie with your ideas, we would be delighted to hear from you. We will list all participating businesses on the website and will provide you with materials to help you promote your partnership with Connect Mental Health.